Moscow is the capital of Russia. The city is situated in the European part of Russia on the banks of Moskva river. Moscow was founded in 1147 by Prince yuri Dolgoruki. Nowadays Moscow is one of the largest cities in theworld with 10 million inhabitants.
The Kremlin is the historic centre of the city. In 1156 the first wooden walls of Moscow Kremlin were constructed. The Kremlin was repeatedly rebuilt and gained its modern appearance after the gigantic reconstruction during the reign of Tsar Ivan III at the end of the 15th century. It contains fine examples of Russian architecture of the 15th to 17th centuries. Kremlin territory locates the first Moscow museum the Armory Chamber displaying unique specimens of Russian and foreign aplied art of the 12th to 20th centuries.
Everyone visiting Moscow for the first time should begin his or her acquaintance with the city on the Red Square. The main architectural detail of the square is the Cathedral of Intercession on the Moat which people renamed the Cathedral of St. Basil the Blessed (1555-1561)
3 days / 2 nights in Moscow, weekly departures whole year Friday-Sunday, daily during 13 July – 31 August
Moscow has something for everyone – and it is certain to usher anyone and everyone in with welcome arms! Moscow can be considered the very heart and soul of Russia – and with good cause. Despite its old age, the city is eternally youthful, multifaceted yet holistic. Moscow is growing and changing rapidly, while at the same time managing to remain an essentially Russian city. It is worth traveling to Moscow – even if just for one day — to admire the Kremlin’s majestic ensemble created by the genius of Italian architects and devoted labour of unknown Russian craftsmen.
· Arrival in Moscow
· Transfer to Hotel, overnight
DAY 2 Historical Kremlin
· Breakfast at hotel
· Expoler the famous Moscow metro on your way to the Kremlin. The architectural style and facscinating mar´ble decor of many stations deserved the name of the "Underground Palace". The first line was built in 30s abounds with naive revolutionary symbols and sculptures. After war built lines in 50s are much more exuberant because it had to demonstarte the advantage of new socialist society.
· Comprehensive tour of Kremlin, which is the most important landmark of the capital. In former it was the residence of the Czars, now the seat of the Russian President. You can see 4 ancient cathedrals, the huge Belfry of Ivan the Terrible, the Patriarch's Palace, the Czar Cannon. Enjoy the Kremlin's most precious gem-Armory-Treasure of Czars. The armory's huge collection consist of many prcious gifts once presented to Russian Czars by foreign monarch's and ambassadors as well as their thrones and clothes, ceremonial cariiages and aramor. Faberge works and Czars regalia.
· Lunch in your own. Why not to try one of the trendy cafes of the Manege shoppoin mall or GUM.
· Walking tour of the Red Square. Enter the square through the Iverskaya gate near the small church of our Lady of Kazan. You will see th ebeautifull red-brick buikding of the History Museum, oldest department store GUM with long facade, the palce of execution, the Lenin's mausoleum and the famous St. Basil's cathedral. Return to the hotel on foot or use metro.
DAY 3 The Capital of Russia
· Breakfast at hotel
· Private city tour with car and guide. You will see many ancient churches and cathedraals with modern high rise buildings and glamorous shopping malls. Russain White House and huge Cathedral of Christ the Savior and giant statue of Peter the Great. Passing the University, continue to Sparrows Hills, the highest plase in Moscow.
· Lunch on your own
· You can choose between two major museums to visit with your guide. The Tretyakov gallery is considered to be the largest depository of Russian national art from icons to modern art. Or Pushkin musem of Fine Arts devoted to Western Art and offers on of the largest collections of French Impressionistst outside France.
DAY 4 Good-bye and see you again!
· Breakfast at hotel
· Transfer to airport
Included in tour price
• Breakfast at hotel
• City tour with private car and English speaking guide
• person in first class 2-berth compartment (rate subject to changes)
• Single supplement at hotel EUR 140
• Transfers in Moscow, rates upon request
• Overnight train Helsinki – Moscow or vv. EUR 170 one way per person
OPTIONAL TOURS FOR EXTRA CHARGE
With private car and English speaking guide, minimum 2 persons
Day 1) Visit to Tretjakov Gallery 3 hrs EUR 130 per person
Day 2) Visit to Kremlin area 3 hrs EUR 150 per person
Day 3) Excursion to Sergiev Posad 7 hrs EUR 250 per person,
lunch en route included. Tour ends at the railway station.